First, I would like to welcome Carson McDowell (based in Northern Ireland) and Lakatos, Köves és Társai Ügyvédi Iroda (based in Hungary) to the ICLN. Additionally, Rajah & Tann’s Singapore office has arranged for a number of their other offices in South East Asia to join the ICLN (Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam). It’s really exciting that the network is growing and discussions are continuing with a number of other firms.
We are currently in the process of trying to arrange virtual coffees with all of the member firms of the ICLN. We have already had some interesting discussions with firms such as Khaitan & Co (India) and WKB Lawyers (Poland), and will be in touch with everyone else over the course of the next few months. I know that a number of firms in the ICLN know each other but if you would like us to assist with any introductions then please let me or Zac know.
On 15 June 2021, we will be hosting our next online event. Dorsey & Whitney (USA) and Liedekerke Wolters Waelbroeck Kirkpatrick (Belgium) will both be discussing recent investigations against big tech companies. An invite to the event will be sent out in due course.
We are looking for ideas for our event in August/September. If you would be interested in getting involved then please let us know. Also please provide us with any articles that you would like included in the next newsletter. As you can see from the articles below, ICLN members have been writing about a number of interesting topics over the past few months.
Mergers and Takeovers
- Stricter Rules to Prevent Takeovers by non-EU and non-OECD Investors by Tomasz Feliszewski and Anna Bryńska of WKB Lawyers (subscription to CoRe required)
- Aspen’s excessive pricing case concludes with commitments by Natasha Pearman of Mishcon de Reya LLP
- Criminal Enforcement Against Wage-Fixing and No-Poaching Agreements by Michael Lindsay, John Marti, Ryan Mick, Jaime Stilson, and Anthony Badaracco of Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Lundbeck ‘pay for delay’ case: CJEU judgment by Audrey Dwyer of Mishcon de Reya LLP
Sustainability and Competition Law
- Environmental and sustainability practices in the beauty industry: The CMA’s approach by Gwen Ballin-Reeler and Alex Jennings of Mishcon de Reya LLP
National Competition Authorities
- The Polish NCA Imposes Record Fines on Gazprom for Nord Stream 2 Gun-Jumping by Aleksander Stawicki and Anna Bryńska of WKB Lawyers (subscription to CoRe required)
- Competition authorities join forces to consider approach to pharma mergers by Alex Jennings of Mishcon de Reya LLP